My blog focuses on the promotion of views, news and events happening in Nigeria and the globe. It is about bring the news on technology, happenings, business, entertainment and advise first hand before it gets to the rest...... Why not get the word out
Tuesday, 6 May 2014
WHAT Abuja Court Did To Two Women For Fighting Over A Man
Two women, Franca James and Comfort John, were on Monday sentenced to two weeks in prison by a Senior Magistrates' court in Wuse Zone 2, Abuja, for fighting over a man.
James, 33, of Xtracare, Mpape, and John,35, of Karimo, both in Abuja, were charged with disturbing public peace.
The Magistrate, Celestine Odo, sentenced the women after they pleaded guilty to fighting over a man.
The magistrate, however, gave them an option of fine of N2,000 each, and advised them to desist from fighting.
He said that the court was lenient on them because they were first time offenders and had shown remorse over their act.
The prosecutor, Sgt. Abdullahi Adamu, had earlier told the court that an Anti Robbery Patrol team attached to the Divisional Police Station, Wuse Zone 3 in Abuja, arrested the two women on April 29, at about 11 p.m.
The prosecutor said that the women were arrested near Ministry of Agriculture Quarters in Wuse Zone 4, Abuja, as they engaged in violent fight over a man.
Adamu told the court that the offence contravened the provisions of Section 154 of the Penal Code.
Know more about this news? Update the info!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment